The Daily Mail headline reads 170 “hostages”, but these koranimals don’t take hostages so these are people scheduled to die.
BREAKING NEWS: Jihadist gunmen screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ launch grenade and shooting rampage in hotel in Mali and take 170 people hostage before freeing a handful who could recite the Koran
Armed jihadists have gone on a deadly shooting rampage inside the Radisson Blu hotel (pictured) in the centre of Bamako, Mali
- Radison Blu hotel under attack by jihadists in Malian capital of Bamako
- Up to 10 gunmen have taken 170 hostages inside the Radisson hotel
- Witnesses heard gunmen shout ‘Allahu Akbar’ during horrific attack
- Gunmen tested hostages knowledge of the Koran and allowed Muslim hostages to leave the hotel
- Explosions and machine gun fire were heard at the popular hotel in Mali
- US embassy urges American nationals to ‘shelter in place’ from attack
- Al Qaeda affiliated militants have previously targeted hotels in Bamako
- Air France crew have frequently stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel
Armed jihadists have gone on a deadly shooting rampage and taken 170 hostages at the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako, Mali.
Automatic weapons fire has been heard on the seventh floor of the 190-room hotel, where it is thought as many as 10 militants have taken 140 guests and 30 members of staff hostage.
Witnesses described hearing at least one explosion and shouts of ‘Allahu Akbar’ during the hotel attack, which is frequently used by Air France crew in Mali.
No group have claimed responsibility for the attack but Al Qaeda affiliated militants have previously carried out attacks in the Sahel based country.
Chaotic scenes near the Radisson Blu hotel, where 170 people have been held hostage by gunmen in M