Or as the Left would say: Progress!
On the run, the foreign killers and rapists that Britain can’t throw out: 750 criminals simply disappear after being set free
- More than 750 foreign criminals are walking the streets after jumping bail
- Released from detention under human rights laws and then gone on run
- Among those at large are violent criminals, including rapists and killers
- Burglars, robbers, violent thugs and drug dealers are also walking streets
- Home Office is refusing to identify criminals due to their ‘right’ to privacy
By JACK DOYLE, HOME AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT
PUBLISHED: 23:35 GMT, 23 February 2014 | UPDATED: 23:47 GMT, 23 February 2014
THE THUG WHOSE EX LIVES IN FEAR
Violent thug Kawa Ali Azad should have been deported five years ago.
Instead, the Iraqi failed asylum seeker is in Britain after twice going on the run while on bail granted by immigration judges.
He has six convictions for violence including an attack on the mother of his young son.
Azad, pictured, battered his terrified ex-partner Tania Doherty unconscious – before trying to snatch the boy.
In 2009, he was flown all the way to Baghdad, but the Iraqi authorities refused to take him and sent him back.
Miss Doherty says she and their son live in ‘constant fear’ that he will return.
They had to be moved and she was given a new identity in case Azad attacked them again.
She carries a phone with a direct link to police.
As a result, even the most dangerous offenders