Yes I know, it’s been that way ever since I can remember, but it shouldn’t be. Taking off one’s shoes suffices for the showing of ”respect” aspect of visiting a mosque, a non-Muslim female donning the hijab would be the same as if a non-Jewish male would be forced to place a prayer shawl on top of his head that already has a yarmulke. That’s something which no Rabbi would ever demand, let alone expect a non-Jew to do. But Islam demands much more from their dhimmis.
Evoking memories of Diana: Kate makes first visit to mosque – and wears veil and attire like her mother-in-law wore 20 years earlier
- Pair visited Assyakirin Mosque, the biggest in Malaysia which can host 12,000 for Friday prayers
- Royal couple take off their shoes at mosque in sign of respect
- Couple have taken time to swot up on Islamic art and culture
- Thousands gather to welcome couple to city centre park
- Kate meets shoe designer Jimmy Choo at very British tea party
- Duchess appears determined not to let strain of topless picture revelations show
By REBECCA ENGLISH, ROYAL CORRESPONDENT IN KUALA LUMPUR
PUBLISHED: 04:16 GMT, 14 September 2012 | UPDATED: 10:14 GMT, 14 September 2012
The Duchess of Cambridge evoked memories of Princess Diana this morning as she and Prince William made their first ever visit to a mosque.
Kate echoed her late mother-in-law in a pale grey dress by Beulah London with a draped head scarf. The ethical label is run by the couple’s close friend Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs.
As she stepped out of her official car the 30-year-old royal was ushered to a chair to kick off her £185 nude LK Bennett heels, displaying her stockinged feet in line with religious protocol.