These jackals are thoroughly embedded throughout the country.
How police snared Westminster terror suspect: MI5 and cops tracked man on CCTV as undercover officers followed him on the Tube before they caught him with ‘rucksack of knives’
- Armed police flooded Whitehall this afternoon and tackled a terror suspect ‘armed with rucksack of knives’
- Scotland Yard confirms man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife and preparing terrorism
- The 27-year-old man was tracked by covert officers after getting off the Underground at St James’s Park
- Witnesses say a team of officers appeared ‘like a swarm of bees’ and the man did not resist as he was arrested
- It comes just 36 days after five people were killed in a terror attack by an Islamic extremist in the same area
- Do you know the man pictured? Call MailOnline at 0203 615 2915 or email email@example.com
The terror suspect who was detained with a ‘rucksack full of knives’ near Parliament square had been tracked on an intricate web of CCTV cameras by police and MI5.
Armed police ‘swarmed like bees’ on the bearded man just before 2.30pm after his concerned family reportedly alerted security services.
Witnesses said the man, who was wearing a tracksuit and trainers, was crossing Whitehall amid the usual crowds of tourists and political staff when a police car suddenly pulled up and officers confronted him, just five weeks after the Westminster terror attack killed that five people.
But, unbeknown to him, the suspect had been tailed from the moment he got off the Underground at St James’s Park – where he had travelled from east London – and headed towards Westminster.
While covert teams trailed him on the ground, a live feed was being sent to control rooms in New Scotland Yard and the MI5’s Thames House before they gave the order for them to swoop in.