This is what we’re going to have to live with for some time until we get serious with the core factor driving this terrorism.
Hint: It’s not poverty or marginalization or discrimination.
Has a second bomb been discovered? Police find a ‘suspicious device’ during raid in Devon linked to plot to blow up London Tube that was foiled when passengers spotted a ‘bag full of wires’
Counter-terrorism officers investigating a London Tube bomb plot have found a ‘suspicious device’ in Devon
- Police cordoned off the street in Newton Abbot at around 2.30pm
- A suspicious device was found but it was confirmed as not being viable
- A teenager was arrested at 12.20pm on Friday on street in North London remains in police custody
- His arrest followed discovery of a ‘viable device’ on a train on Thursday
- It was detonated in a controlled explosion at North Greenwich, but it is not known how long it have been it had been on the train
- Passengers were evacuated from station near The O2 as alarms rang
- The Met have been granted a licence to hold the suspect until Friday
- Did you witness the arrest? Please email: email@example.com
Counter-terrorism officers investigating a London Tube bomb plot have found a ‘suspicious device’ in Devon.
Police cordoned off Tudor Road in Newton Abbot just before 2.45pm this afternoon.
A 200-metre police cordon was put in place, with residents only allowed to return to their homes at around 6pm.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police’s terrorism unit have since confirmed that the device was not viable.