Melting pot VS. Multiculturalism in plain view.
You can’t absorb multitudes of people (especially into a welfare state) without allowing for periods of integration and assimilation to take hold and form a cohesive society. But most of all, it’s the kind of immigrant that you deem most likely to provide an easy transition into his/her new home and become a contribution to society, that should be sought after.
Mass brawl erupts between rival groups of youths in area where former Home Secretary David Blunkett warned of rioting due to influx of Roma immigrants
Tensions came to a head last night when more than 25 people got involved in the mass disturbance which broke out in the Page Hall area of Sheffield at around 8pm
- More than 25 people involved in mass disturbance in Page Hall, Sheffield
- One teenager injured in violence which broke out at around 8pm last night
- David Blunkett warned of rioting in area last year due to Roma migrants
- He warned of an ‘explosion’ if culture of incoming community did not change
- Roma population in city said to be between 2,000 and 4,000 and still growing
A mass brawl erupted between rivalling groups of youths who clashed in an area where former Home Secretary David Blunkett warned of rioting due to the high influx of Roma immigrants.
The former Home Secretary warned last November that tensions between local people and Roma migrants in the Page Hall area of Sheffield, South Yorkshire, could escalate into rioting unless action was taken to improve integration.
Tensions came to a head last night when more than 25 people got involved in the mass disturbance which broke out in the residential area at around 8pm.