Actually I’m torn over this one.
The lack of actual statesmen representing Western countries, and the idiocy of fawning over a dead commie terrorist by these same Western leaders. Their acting buffoonish during the supposed solemn occasion only serves to highlight the idiocy of the entire situation.
[ But the “selfie” episode also symbolizes the greater global calamity of Western decline. With British prime minister David Cameron playing the role of Obama’s giggling wingman, the “look at me” moment confirms we have unserious leaders in a dangerously serious time.]
- Mandela Memorial Signer Allegedly Burned Two Men to Death [The bogus signer’s background becomes stranger and stranger]
Don’t delete our selfie! Cameron asks Danish PM to keep Mandela memorial picture featuring Obama and auction it for charity’
For our eyes only: The controversial selfie, pictured, will not be shared with the public, the Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt said
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt said she ‘wanted to delete’ the image
- But in a ‘private conversation’, Cameron apparently asked her to sell it
- It’s said he suggested auctioning it off to raise ‘substantial’ cash
- The Dane had described the picture as not ‘particularly good’
- Photograph was taken at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service
- Dane previously defended the shot saying it was just ‘a bit of fun’
By LEON WATSON
PUBLISHED: 10:51 GMT, 15 December 2013 | UPDATED: 11:36 GMT, 15 December 2013
When the Danish prime minister was asked if she’d reveal the controversial selfie she took at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service she said, resoundingly, no.
Helle Thorning-Schmidt later told a Danish newspaper the photo was not ‘particularly good’ and sources have since revealed she wanted to delete it.
But, despite facing a barrage of criticism for posing in it, British Prime Minister David Cameron is taking a very different view.
It has emerged that during a private conversation last week, Cameron apparently suggested to the Dane that auctioning it for charity could raise a substantial sum.