Absolutely appalling, and to think that this happens elsewhere in the Muslim world where ”jinns” are viewed as real entities by law officials.
Husband and his parents jailed for life for murder of pregnant bride they held down and suffocated because they thought she was ‘possessed’
- Naila Mumtaz, 21, who was six months pregnant, was killed in her Birmingham home in 2009
- She died while her husband’s family tried to drive a harmful ‘jinn’ spirit out of her, Birmingham Crown Court was told
- Her husband, Mohammed Tauseef Mumtaz was told he must serve at least 13 years in prison for her murder
- Mumtaz’s mother and father, Salma Aslam and Zia Ul-Haq, both 51, were told they must serve at least 15 years
- Mumtaz’s brother-in-law Hammad Hassan, 24, will serve minimum of 13 years
- All four were convicted of murder after 12-week trial which ended in July