Placating Islam to the detriment of society is insane and it’s suicidal, and all too common these days…
POLICE ‘let a wedding with 30 guests and a drummer go ahead’ in Melbourne despite a ban on ceremonies with more than five guests – just telling them to keep 1.5m apart
- A wedding with more than 30 guests went ahead at the weekend despite strict social distancing rules
- Victoria Police visited the Melbourne nuptials with the party told they could continue if they kept 1.5m away
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison ruled only five people can attend: bride, groom, celebrant and two witnesses
- Even stricter restrictions on gatherings of more than two people have kicked in since the nuptials
- Do you know more? Contact our reporters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Police allegedly let more than 30 guests celebrate a Melbourne wedding despite strict rules banning ceremonies with more than five people present.
A reception was held in Broadmeadows, in the city’s north, on Sunday, with pictures and video showing family and friends dancing to a drummer’s beat and gathering for a photo with the bride and groom.
Locals and guests said Victoria Police were called, and officers made a brief appearance, but celebrations continued afterwards.
Attendees were allegedly told the party could continue following the traditional Islamic ceremony as long as they kept 1.5 metres away from one another and limited themselves to groups of five people.