Leftists and Islamonazis are the main perpetrators of violence these days.
Live Updates: Rep. Steve Scalise Shot in Virginia During Baseball Practice
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) has been shot, according to multiple reports. Follow Breitbart News for live updates on the developing situation.
• A man shot at several dozen Republican members of Congress during a baseball practice Wednesday morning in Alexandria, Virginia
• Rep. Steve Scalise (R-AL) was shot in the hip but is now stable and undergoing surgery for his wound
• Because Scalise is House Majority Whip, Capitol Hill Police officers were already present and engaged the gunman for several minutes
• The suspect — James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois — was taken into custody and has died from his wounds
• Five individuals total were shot by the assailant: Scalise, two police officers, a lobbyist and a congressional staffer
• Wounded staffer works for Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX). An early report incorrectly said that Williams himself was shot
• Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) told a reporter the shooter “was there to kill as many Republican members as possible.”
• Hodgkinson’s apparent social media pages reveal intense hatred for President Trump and Republicans
All times eastern:
1:27 PM — Of all the clear incitements to violence over the past 7 months, the only example of “coarse rhetoric” that CBS News’ Charlie Rose can think of is “lock her up.”
1:22 PM — From the Washington Post:
Rep. Mike Bost (R-Ill.), who represents the district where alleged shooter James T. Hodgkinson lived, said that Hodgkinson had contacted his office 14 times through email or telephone calls.
“This one never crossed the line, but he was always angry,” said Bost, who added that his office continues to cooperate with law enforcement.
1:21 PM — Full names of all victims, per Paul Ryan’s office:
-Special Agent David Bailey
-Special Agent Crystal Griner
1:09 PM — Statement from Ivanka Trump, per Charlie Spiering:
I’d like to start by echoing my father’s statement earlier and offering our thoughts and prayers to Congressman Scalise and all the victims in today’s tragic events. We are grateful for their service and for dedication to this country.