TERRORISTS driving a van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge, killing at least six and injuring dozens, police reported.
- At least two dead after white van plows into crowd on London Bridge
- Shots fired at scene and victims suffering from knife wounds
- Police also responding to second incident in Borough Market – possible stabbing
- Three suspects, possibly armed, wanted by police
- At least one person taken into custody
- Theresa May to hold COBRA meeting early tomorrow morning
Three attackers then leapt out and started stabbing passers-by at random after the van had crashed, witnesses claimed.
Armed police shot and killed three suspects, within eight minutes of the original incident on the bridge, officers confirmed.
The Met have now confirmed the incidents are being treated as a terror attack.
A witness named Eric claimed he saw a van driving on the wrong side of the road before three men jumped out and started running towards bars and restaurants, shouting “this is for Allah”.
He told BBC Radio 5Live: “The three people literally started kicking them, punching them, and took out knives. It was a rampage really.”