In this crazy day and age, it wouldn’t surprise me that a judge would fall for it….
Solicitor claims mother who sexually abused girl, nine, should not be jailed because her shame as a Muslim was punishment enough
Raheelah Dar, 43, (pictured) was convicted of grooming, isolating and manipulating the schoolgirl to molest her several years ago
- Raheelah Dar, 43, jailed for seven years for sex offences against young girl
- Was convicted of grooming, isolating and manipulating the schoolgirl
- Dar began to abuse the girl after the failure of her first arranged marriage
- Her lawyer urged judge not to jail her as she had already been shunned by her community
- But judge gave her seven years saying: ‘She was an innocent. You were crafty‘
A middle-aged Muslim woman has been jailed for seven years for carrying out a string of sex offences against a young girl.
Raheelah Dar, 43, was convicted of grooming, isolating and manipulating the schoolgirl to molest her several years ago.
She had denied all the charges but was found guilty of three counts of indecent assault and two counts of indecency with a child by unanimous verdicts at a trial in June.
Her lawyer had urged Recorder Tim Roberts QC not to jail her as she had already been shunned by her community.
Alison Pryor, defending, told the court that as a practising Muslim woman who had been convicted of these offences against someone of the same sex, she had been shamed enough and urged the judge to consider a punishment that did not involve a prison sentence.