Obama in Poland exploits, and twists in the knife:
Four gunmen shoot 11 police officers – killing at least five – and ‘leave bombs all over the place’ during Dallas protests over police shooting deaths of black men Alton Sterling and Philando Castile
- Four gunmen have shot 11 police officers – killing five – and may have planted bombs ‘all over’ downtown Dallas
- Snipers fired from ‘elevated positions’, picking off officers ‘ambush style’ during a protest over police brutality
- Gruesome footage shows a cop being shot execution-style by one of the gunmen as they rampaged through city
- Three shooters are in custody but the fourth is still engaged in a shootout with police and says ‘the end is coming’
- Officers found a suspicious package near where one of the gunmen was caught and a bomb squad are on the scene
- Two people are being questioned after being caught speeding away from the scene in a black Mercedes
- Police released a picture of a man carrying what appears to be an assault rifle and he has turned himself in
- Horrifying footage shows protesters chanting ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ before suddenly scattering as shots are fired
- Thousands took to the streets across America to protest against the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile
The ‘coordinated’ shooters opened fire from ‘elevated positions’, picking off officers ‘ambush style’. Pictured, a police officer lies stricken next to cop cars
Four gunman have shot 11 police officers – killing at least five – and may have planted a bombs ‘all over’ downtown Dallas.
The coordinated shooters opened fire from ‘elevated positions’, picking off officers ‘ambush style’ as they manned a protest over the deaths of two black men, police chief David Brown said.
Three of them are in custody but another is still engaged in a shootout with police. The remaining gunman, who is holed up in a parking garage, told officers bombs have been planted across Dallas and that ‘the end is coming’.
‘We have in custody a female who was in the same area as the El Centro garage,’ Brown said.
‘The suspect that we are negotiating with has told our negotiators “the end is coming”, and he is going to hurt and kill more of us and that there are bombs all over the place in the garage and downtown.
‘We still don’t have complete comfort level that we have all the suspects.’
Officers found a suspicious package near where one of the gunmen was caught and a bomb squad are dealing with it.
A gruesome video shows a heroic policeman taking on one of gunmen, but being gunned down by the shooter before being shot again execution-style, from point-blank range.
Police said two people are being questioned after they were spotted speeding away from the scene of the shooting in a black Mercedes. An officer saw one of the pair hurriedly putting a camouflage bag in the back of the car before driving off ‘at a high rate of speed’.
Another man, named as Mark Hughes, was pictured walking through Dallas with what appeared to be an assault rifle. He turned himself into police after cops made a public appeal and his family said he was an innocent bystander. He has since been released by police.
Five police officers have died and as many as three others are in a critical condition. A female member of the public was also shot.
It is not known if the shooters were protesters, however they appear to have been militarily trained. Their motive is not clear.