But then again, this biting culture is seen time and again in Saudi Arabia and other Arab/Muslim states.
- ABU DHABIDOO: CHILD BITTEN IN OWN YARD, FATHER BLAMED…
- Saudi Princess bit another member of staff in the cheek. (Google Saudi Princess + Blazing Cat Fur)
Mother-of-two bit chunk out of fellow worshipper’s head at mosque ‘with a crunching sound’ and spat skin on the floor
- Suad Awad bit extended relative Amina Essa at Shepherd’s Bush Mosque
- The 41-year-old bit a chunk out of her face before spitting skin on the floor
- Ms Essa said she could ‘think of no reason’ why there could be bad blood
- Victim has been left needing plastic surgery to heal wound below left eye
- Somali-born Awad admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm but spared jail
A mother-of-two who bit a chunk out of a fellow worshipper’s face at a mosque before spitting the skin out on the floor has been spared jail.
Suad Awad, 41, lunged at extended relative Amina Essa at Shepherd’s Bush Mosque in west London on May 4, 2013.
Ms Essa, who said she could ‘think of no reason why there could be bad blood between them’, was left needing plastic surgery for the wound above her left eye.
Awad, a Somali-born unemployed part-time student who lives in Shepherd’s Bush, has now pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm at Isleworth Crown Court.