Not being belonging to the Islamic ”People of the Book”, these Yazidis have very little wiggle room for these true, pious followers of Mohamed, the 7th century warlord who gave same-like ultimatums to other peoples before he butchered their menfolk and sold their women and children into slavery.
NOTE: This is how Islam became such a global movement.
Crucified by the Caliphate monsters: Iraq descends into apocalypse as Islamic State fanatics seize towns and tell terrified Yazidi ‘Become Muslims by noon today… or we kill all of you’
- Mail on Sunday reporter Ian Birrell gives shocking despatch from Irbil
- Terrified residents see Islamic State (IS) jihadists capturing nearby towns
- Refugees speak of being offered sinister ultimatum by advancing horde
- IS has shocked the world again by capturing new swathes of Iraq
- Came as U.S. stepped in and started bombing IS artillery and convoys
- Meanwhile they surround Yazidi religious minority on barren mountainside
- Some of persecuted sect escaped today by helicopter and escort
They arrived bristling with heavy weapons and waving black flags from about a dozen Humvees, seized from the Iraqi army and supplied originally by the United States.
When the terrified residents looked out of their windows, they saw that Kosho, their traditional walled village in the mountains of northern Iraq, had been surrounded by jihadists. More than 200 bearded militants had besieged the village.
Then their leader – a local man from Mosul rather than the foreigners who make up more than a third of the ranks of the group now known as Islamic State – offered them a chance to save their lives.
Thousands of Yezidis are trapped in the Sinjar mountains as they try to escape from Islamic State (IS) forces
Savagery: A man is crucified in northern Syria by Islamic State militants
Fearing for their lives: Iraqis huddle around Ian Birrell as he reports on the advance of the Islamic State