A timely article by David Bedein at the Front Page Mag, brings up some interesting facts about the constitution for the -far into the– future Palestinian state. His observations are chilling, and with each point he raises , it becomes incredibly clear what kind of state the supposed “moderates” within the PLO hope to create. Bedein states:
“Imagine, if you would, that a nascent nation state, somewhere in the world, was in formation that had taken on these features:
- Its new constitution would not allow for any juridical status for Judaism.
- Jews would not even be allowed to live in the country.
- Selling land to a Jew would be a capital crime.
- The new school system would inculcate children to make war on the Jews.
- Those who murdered Jews would become the national heroes of the new country.
- Their designated head of state earned his Ph.D. on the thesis that 6 million Jews were not really murdered during World War II, and that the Zionists were actually allies of the Nazis.
The reaction to such a news item would be an outcry from Jewish groups who monitor and react to anti-Semitism as a matter of policy. Yet, we have seen no outcry from these groups in the case of the proposed Palestinian state, even though it possesses all six qualities listed” above.
Sound unbelievable right? We hear all the time radical anti-Israel voices disparaging Israel as an “apartheid state”, though all its citizens enjoy full access to Israeli democracy, has an Arab minister in its government, Arabs in its defence forces, on its supreme court and MP’s in its parliament. Statistically, though Israeli Arabs make up 20% of the population, they own almost as much private land as Israeli Jews, 3% for Arabs, compared to 3.5% for Jews.
Bedein goes on to mention Palestinian school books as not being conducive to promoting a future peace with the Jewish state, to the contrary, they end up promoting the following:
- Israel contributes to Palestinian social ills and family violence.
- Israel causes the increase of drug abuse cases in Palestinian society.
- Israel pollutes the Palestinian environment.
- Israel usurps Muslim and Christian holy places.
- Israel strives to obliterate the Palestinian national identity and heritage.
I am reminded of my recent exchange with far left-wing anti-Israel activist, Laura Tuominen, in which she wrote in a post concerning the bigoted views of an Israeli soldier she met:
“Voin rehellisesti sanoa, etta tama oli ensimmainen kerta taman matkan aikana kun kukaan on sanonut vihaavansa konfliktin toista osapuolta. Vaikka olen tormannut traagisiin ihmiskohtaloihin ja katkeruuteenkin lahes kaikkien tapaamieni palestiinalaisten kanssa, kukaan ei ole sanonut vihaavansa juutalaisia tai Israelia. Kaikki ovat korostaneet, etta ongelma eivat ole juutalaiset vaan miehitys.”
I can honestly say that, this is the first time during this trip someone has said that they hate the other side in the conflict. Even though I have encountered tragic human experiences and even bitterness in my meetings with Palestinians, no one has stated that they hate Jews or Israel. All have emphasized that the problem is not with the Jews, but the occupation”.
All I can say to that is this, Laura Tuominen is either ignorant of the consisitant incitement being waged against Jews within the Palestinian Authority (having never seen a racist video of imams preaching that it’s a Muslim’s duty to kill a Jew, or Hamas children TV shows that brainwash the youth into becoming future homicidal Islamikazis) or she is lying through her teeth. I wonder which one it is? *L* KGS