This was a pious, devout Muslim acting out the dictates of Mohamed, the founder of Islam.
There’s no such thing as “Islamism”, a false Western construct concocted to divorce the understanding/fact of violence and Islamic supremacy from Islam itself. As if these actions are outside the ideology itself when in fact it a key component in maintaining the faith and spreading it worldwide.
Pictured: Islamist terrorist, 21, who beheaded woman and killed two more Catholics in church just three weeks after arriving in France – as mother cries for her son in Tunisia
- Brahim Aoussaoui, 21, attacked worshippers with a 12-inch blade in the Notre Dame basilica in Nice
- Tunisian migrant beheaded one woman and killed two other people during the bloody church rampage
- He shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ during attack and was shot 14 times by police before he was taken to hospital
- Aoussaoui was carrying a copy of the Koran on him during the attack, France’s anti-terror prosecutor said
- Migrant entered Europe via Italian island of Lampedusa on September 20 and arrived in Paris on October 9
- A 47-year-old man was last night arrested by counter-terrorism police on suspicion of being an accomplice
- Attack comes after Emmanuel Macron sparked fury by defending cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed
The Islamist terrorist who shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ as he beheaded a woman and killed two others in an attack on a Catholic church in France was pictured last night.
Brahim Aoussaoui, a 21-year-old Tunisian who arrived in Europe on a migrant boat just last month, attacked worshippers with a 12-inch blade in the Notre Dame basilica in Nice, slitting the throat of a 60-year-old woman near the church’s holy water in a beheading attempt.
He hacked 54-year-old sacristan Vincent Loques to death as he prepared for the first Mass of the day.
Brazilian-born Simone Barreto Silva, 44, also succumbed to her injuries after seeking refuge in a nearby burger bar. The mother-of-three’s last words were to paramedics: ‘Tell my children that I love them’.
The assailant was shot 14 times by armed police as he screamed ‘God is greatest’ in Arabic during the attack. He continued to say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while under medication as he was taken to hospital, Nice’s Mayor Christian Estrosi said.
Aoussaoui arrived in Nice at around 6.30am via the railway station, where he quickly changed his clothes, French prosecutor Jean-Francois Ricard told journalists yesterday. CCTV then showed him arriving in the church at 8.30am and staying there for nearly half an hour.