We still have a long row to hoe in turning this entire situation around…
- 186 deaths due to Covid-19 complications as of Saturday evening (25.4)
- 133 patients in hospital, of whom 60 are in intensive care, THL said on Saturday (25.4)
- 4,475 lab-confirmed infections out of 77,800 tests as of Saturday (25.4)
- The median age of the deceased is 84
- THL says the peak of the coronavirus epidemic still ahead
- Government extends temporary VAT relief to companies
25.4 18:44 Ten residents die of Covid-19 at Helsinki nursing home
Yle has learned of another care facility where multiple residents have died of coronavirus complications. As of Friday, 10 people had died of the illness at the Kontula Senior Centre in eastern Helsinki. The first death occurred on 9 April.
Employees tell Yle that the situation at the centre has been chaotic at times, and that there was a delayed response to the spread of the disease. Multiple Covid-19 deaths have also been reported at individual nursing homes in Espoo and Kiuruvesi.