Should we be surprised by this..?
‘I’ve seen better seals on my fridge!’ Shocking photos from inside Wuhan lab show broken seal on unit which stores 1,500 virus strains – including the bat coronavirus behind the deadly pandemic
- Worrying photos have emerged from inside a Wuhan laboratory this week
- Pictures show a broken seal on the door of one of the refrigerators
- The fridge holds 1,500 different strains of virus including coronavirus samples
- The images were originally published on Twitter in March, before being deleted
- Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID
It is a rare glimpse inside the Chinese laboratory at the centre of mounting inter-national suspicion about the Covid-19 pandemic – and will do nothing to dispel fears that it was caused by a catastrophic leak which has been covered up by Beijing.
Pictures from inside Wuhan’s secretive Institute of Virology show a broken seal on the door of one of the refrigerators used to hold 1,500 different strains of virus – including the bat coronavirus which has jumped to humans with such devastating effect.
The pictures, first released by the state-owned China Daily newspaper in 2018, were published on Twitter last month, before being deleted. One comment attached read: ‘I have seen better seals on my refrigerator in my kitchen.’
The Mail on Sunday revealed a fortnight ago that Ministers now fear that the pandemic could have started as the result of a leak.