I prefer the pro-active strategy, test and get them off the streets…
Not all suspected coronavirus suspects will be tested anymore – a healthy person can stay home
In the future, samples will only be taken from a limited group. If a person in good condition has respiratory symptoms, the advice is to stay home.
Some hospital districts no longer test every suspicion of coronavirus. Restrictions have been announced by , for example, the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District, Kuopio University Hospital and the Central Finland Hospital District.
If a person in good condition has respiratory symptoms, they should not call emergency numbers anymore.
The advice is to stay at home and follow the general home care guidelines for respiratory infection.
Samples will be taken in the future:
- Emergency patients with respiratory infections requiring hospitalization and suspected of having pneumonia.
- From a symptomatic health and social care worker.
- Specialized patient or long-term care client for whom there is no explanation for the symptoms of acute respiratory infection.
- For persons over 65 years of age or with underlying respiratory symptoms.
- From home quarantine sufferers with respiratory symptoms.
In addition, samples may be taken from symptomatic teachers and educational staff if the person has been abroad within 14 days before the onset of symptoms. These samples will be taken if resources allow.
Thus, all coronavirus suspects are no longer tested.
Suspected coronavirus infection is not a reason to call emergency services or health centers.
If a person suspects coronavirus infection or influenza, they should remain at home for at least one week after the onset of symptoms.
Emergency care should only be communicated if the condition worsens so that the home care guidelines do not work.
THL updated its national guidelines on Thursday, according to which coronavirus samples will no longer be taken for tourism purposes, but will focus on the groups most critical for detecting infections.