Anti-American rabble that’s now the poster children for the Democrat party. Job well done!
Trump red-baits the Democrats’ most radical quartet into being their party’s public face as he says AOC and other first-term congresswomen might be COMMUNISTS – after Lindsey Graham rebrands them on TV
- Trump maneuvered Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayana Pressley and Rashida Tlaib into defending themselves against his accusations
- The four radical first-term congresswomen, known in D.C. as ‘the squad,’ held a press conference, making them the face of the Democratic Party
- Graham said: ‘We all know that AOC and this crowd are a bunch of communists’
- Trump claimed they ‘might be’ communists but they’re ‘definitely’ socialists
- Democrats in leadership don’t want the left-wing of their party to dominate news headlines since elections will go better for them if moderates have starring roles
Donald Trump and Sen. Lindsey Graham re-introduced the concept of red-baiting to American politics on Monday, suggesting that a quartet of left-wing Democratic lawmakers are communists.
By day’s end the president had managed to whip Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib – four of the most outspoken radicals in Congress – into a frenzy, practically daring them to respond.
They did. Their group press conference, while a rambling wreck, established the four first-term congresswomen as the new public faces of the Democratic Party.
A White House official said afterward of Trump: ‘POTUS couldn’t have scripted this any better. They warned against taking the bait, and then they took the bait. Now they’re the party of AOC, and that won’t end well.’
Trump later tweeted an exclamation point to the day: ‘The Dems were trying to distance themselves from the four “progressives,” but now they are forced to embrace them,’ he wrote. ‘That means they are endorsing Socialism, hate of Israel and the USA!’