Iranian saber rattling can only go so far, they’ve much more to lose than they care to admit…
U.S. DEFENSE SECRETARY JIM MATTIS: IRAN’S THREAT OF REVENGE IS ‘LUDICROUS’
WASHINGTON/LONDON – US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Monday dismissed Iran’s threats of revenge after Saturday’s deadly attack at a military parade in southwestern Iran and said it was “ludicrous” for Tehran to allege US involvement.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday the attackers who killed 25 people at a military parade had been paid by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and that Iran would “severely punish” those behind the bloodshed.
Be the first to know – Join our Facebook page.
The deputy head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards also accused the United States and Israel of involvement in the attack and said they should expect a devastating response.
Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon that Iran’s threat did not give him any concern.
“We’ve been very clear that they shouldn’t take us on like that. And I am hopeful that cooler, wiser heads will prevail,” Mattis said.