Investigate and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
That also means Antifa thugs who regularly cause political violence as well.
Ted Cruz and other Republican senators call to designate Virginia car attack domestic terrorism as FBI opens civil rights investigation
‘I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism,’ Cruz said in response to the Saturday attack in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- FBI field office in Richmond, Virginia is investigating Charlottesville car attack
- Saturday car rampage that killed one being investigated as civil rights case
- Ted Cruz and other Republican senator call attack clear-cut ‘domestic terrorism’
- Suspect James Alex Fields Jr was pictured marching with white nationalist group
- Car registered to him plowed through activist crowd killing one and injuring 19
Texas Senator Ted Cruz and a number of other prominent Republicans have called for a car attack in Virginia to be labeled domestic terrorism, and the FBI has announced it is investigating the incident as a federal civil rights case.
‘I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism,’ Cruz said in a statement responding to the Saturday attack in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Other Republican senators quickly jumped to label the incident terrorism as well.
Arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the attack was James Alex Fields Jr, 20, of Maumee, Ohio.