Why they’re able to walk around breathing the same air as the rest of us is a crime against humanity…..
Another fanatic slips through the net: Killer jihadi, 27, ‘radicalised by YouTube’ was known to police and was filmed arguing with officers after unfurling ISIS flag in Regent’s Park in Channel 4 film
- The 27-year-old Muslim extremist appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis on Channel 4
- He was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence
- It was also alleged police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago
- He and two other jihadis left at least seven dead and 48 injured before police marksmen halted stabbing spree
- The new father tricked neighbours in Barking into thinking he was a ‘nice guy’ who could be trusted with kids
- Do you know Saturday’s attackers? If you do, email email@example.com or call (020) 36151866
The security services were facing difficult questions last night over how at least one of the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the intelligence net.
It emerged that the 27-year-old Muslim extremist known to friends as ‘Abz’ appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis – and was involved in a filmed altercation with police after an ISIS flag was unfurled in Regent’s park, London.
He was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views.
Amid a series of revelations last night, it was claimed that a friend of the Watford-born suspect had reported him to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube.
It was also alleged that police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago.
And yesterday, a photographer captured a detective carrying secret notes which appeared to suggest a man embroiled in the investigation had been quizzed by police last year.
The suspect, who the Mail has chosen not to name at the request of police, is understood to be one of three men who embarked on a stabbing rampage in London on Saturday night.