This was all pre-staged in advance, get Lewis to attack Trump right before MLK celebrations, then label Trump a racist for responding back.
Also, where is it written that once a person becomes recognized for a good deed, or notable contribution to society, even at great personal risk, it automatically places that person in a totally unassailable position, immune from all criticism for anything that he/she might do in the future?
Trump branded ‘loathsome’ for attacking civil rights hero Representative John Lewis on MLK weekend in row over election
- Trump tweeted that John Lewis should spend more time fixing his district
- He said that the district is in horrible shape and falling apart
- This came after John Lewis publicly denounced Trump’s presidency
- On NBC’s meet the press, said he doesn’t see Trump as a ‘legitimate’ president
- Lewis is a civil rights leader, and organized of the march in Selma, Alabama
- Politicians and celebrities have responded to Trump’s tweets in protest
Donald Trump has been hit with celebrity backlash after he tore into civil rights legend John Lewis for questioning the legitimacy of the billionaire’s White House victory.
The president-elect’s remarks have intensified a feud with the black congressman just days before the national holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr and as the first African-American president prepares to leave office.
Hundreds of people, including many celebrities, politicians and reporters, have come out to denounce Trump’s attack – branding him loathsome for attacking the civil rights hero.