The perp is still an “asylum seeker”, so politically, it still doesn’t bode well for Angela Merkel….
Berlin terror attack: Police hunt for Tunisian man after finding identity document in truck, as Isil claims responsibility
- 12 dead and 48 injured, some severely, at Berlin market
- German police hunt Tunisian man after finding identity document
- Attack occurred near landmark Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Berlin terror attack leaves Angela Merkel isolated
- Everything we know so far
German police are searching for a Tunisian man in connection with the deadly truck attack on a crowd at a Berlin Christmas market which killed 12 people
The man is aged 21 or 23 and known by three different names, according to reports in the daily Allgemeine Zeitung and the Bild newspaper.
Both said asylum office papers believed to belong to the man were found in the cab of the truck.
The documents, which announced a stay of deportation, were found under the driver’s seat of the 40-tonne lorry that barrelled through the Christmas market in the heart of the German capital.