Any one not a Suni muslim is fair game in their eyes…..Mohamed taught him so.
Uber driver pleads guilty to ‘despicable’ murder of Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah because he belonged to minority Muslim sect
Asad Shah, left, was murdered outside his newsagents shop in Glasgow by Tanveer Ahmed, 32, right
- Asad Shah, 40, was murdered in March by 32-year-old Tanveer Ahmed
- He was stabbed 30 times outside his newsagents shop in Glasgow
- Popular family man was described as ‘brilliant’ and ‘kind to everyone’
- Ahmed pleaded guilty to ‘despicable’ crime at Glasgow High Court
- He previously said attack was because Mr Shah ‘disrespected Islam’
- Police Scotland have warned country is ‘no place for religious intolerance’
A taxi driver has admitted murdering a newsagent in a brutal stabbing outside his shop in Glasgow, Scotland.
Mr Shah, 40, who ran a convenience store in the city’s Shawlands area, died following an attack by 32-year-old Tanveer Ahmed on March 24.
He was stabbed 30 times with a kitchen knife and his head was stamped on in the vicious assault outside the shop, hours after wishing his Christian friends a ‘Happy Easter’ on Facebook.
Ahmed, from Bradford in West Yorkshire, pleaded guilty at the High Court in Glasgow to murdering the respected businessman, who was described by his family as a ‘brilliant’ man.
The court heard the attack was motivated because Mr Shah belonged to the Ahmadi sect of Islam, which believes that founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the messiah and a prophet, which ‘offended Ahmed’s faith’.
The respected businessman was stabbed 30 times and had his head stamped on in the vicious assault outside the shop, pictured, in the Shawlands area of Glasgow