But first from Vlad:
UK secretary of State for Education on the Trojan Horse findings
Although this is from June 2014, I think firstly that not everyone understands this issue yet or has seen this, and that as there are new and significant aspects of it being uncovered every few days it would be good to have an instance of this handy.
Another 100 teachers being banned today
Up to 100 Islamist teachers could be banned from schools after investigation into their links with Trojan Horse scandal found dozens claiming Lee Rigby’s murder was a hoax
Park View School in Birmingham was one of the schools placed in special measures after inspectors found systemic failings in safeguarding pupils against extremism – up to 100 teachers are now being investigated
- Teaching watchdog investigating some 100 staff with links to the scandal
- In some Birmingham schools, Islamic views forced on staff and pupils
- Alleged al-Qaeda style video with masked gunmen copied in a classroom
- Also claimed teachers punished children by making them kneel on tiles
- Staff members also alleged sent offensive messages in a WhatsApp group
- Messages claimed murder of Lee Rigby and Boston bombings were a hoax
Up to 100 Islamic teachers could be banned from working in schools for life following an investigation into their alleged links to the Trojan Horse scandal.
It is understood a teaching watchdog is working on possible disciplinary cases against current and former staff members at some schools in Birmingham where extremist Islamic views were being forced on pupils and staff.
This includes allegations an al-Qaeda style video featuring masked gunmen was copied in a classroom and teachers punished pupils by making them kneel on tiles.
More than 50 teachers – called the Park View Brotherhood – also alleged exchanged as many as 3,000 messages in a WhatsApp group which included offensive comments about British soldiers and claimed the murder of soldier Lee Rigby was a hoax.
Read more: H/T: Buck