And she had no spy training either.
Proving that releasing jihadis back on to the streets to be ‘monitored’ by security/intelligence forces, is a foolhardy policy, that’s bound to get people killed.
- ‘I’m meant to be in Amsterdam and she’s off to Syria’: Fury of party girl twin of jihadi bride arrested at Luton ‘for trying to join ISIS’
Runaway jihadi took two-year-old son to ISIS warzone: She returned to Syria despite MI5 being in regular contact
Wedding day: Jamila Henry with her estranged husband, whose identity is being protected
- Jamila Henry, 21, fled to Syria last year with her one-year-old son
- When she returned she was repeatedly interviewed by MI5, relative says
- But last year she managed to fly to Turkey using passport stolen from her ‘party girl’ twin sister Jalila
- She was stopped at the Syrian border and arrested on her return to the UK
The jihadi twin caught trying to enter Syria had already had a seven-month stay there with her toddler son, it emerged yesterday.
Jamila Henry, 21, lived with two-year-old Mustafa in the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa until just before Christmas.
She came back to Britain to leave him with family before trying to return to Syria. On Monday Turkish police picked her up in the capital Ankara.
Henry managed to flee the UK for a second time despite being on the radar of MI5, whose agents tried to recruit her.
Read more: H/T: Buck