Now there’s a real cycle of violence in the Middle East.
Revenge of the Yazidis: Religious group who were targeted by ISIS ‘are now slaughtering Arabs who they say helped the Islamist group persecute them’
- Arabs living in Sinjar claim Yazidis have carried out attacks in their villages
- Claim 21 people have been killed over past two weeks and 17 are missing
- Locals believe Yazidis are exacting revenge on Muslims who helped ISIS
- Terror group murdered hundreds of Yazidis during attacks last summer
- Thousands more have were captured and sold into slavery by terrorists
- Those who survived are now returning to the homes they were force to flee
Members of Iraq’s Yazidi minority have been accused of carrying out revenge attacks on Sunni Muslim villagers they believe helped Islamic State commit atrocities on their community last year.
Arabs living in Sinjar in Iraq’s Nineveh province say groups of heavily armed Yazidis have made four raids on the villages over the past two weeks, leaving 21 people dead and a further 17 missing.
Yazidis, whose ancient religion has elements of Zoroastrianism, Christianity and Islam, suffered grievously after ISIS’ rapid offensive last year. Hundreds were killed and thousands captured, enslaved and raped by the Sunni Muslim militants, who consider Yazidis devil worshippers.
Revenge: Members of Iraq’s Yazidi minority (pictured) have been accused of carrying out attacks on Sunni Muslim villagers they believe helped Islamic State commit atrocities on their community last year.