The Muslim Brotherhood, you know, the parent organization of CAIR.
The militants have portrayed the attacks as retaliation for a sweeping crackdown by security forces in which hundreds of Morsi supporters have been killed in street clashes and some 20,000 people have been arrested.
The government has blamed much of the violence on Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood, which it blacklisted as a terrorist group last year. The Brotherhood, which renounced violence decades ago, has condemned the attacks and denied any involvement
EGYPT LEADER: FOREIGN HANDS BEHIND SINAI ATTACK
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said Saturday that an assault on an army checkpoint in the Sinai Peninsula that killed 30 troops was a “foreign-funded operation” and vowed to take drastic action against militants.
In thundering remarks delivered before cameras ahead of a military funeral for the slain troops, el-Sissi said there are foreign powers that want to “break the back of Egypt,” without elaborating. He vowed to take drastic measures to uproot the militants and said Egypt is engaged in an “extensive war” that will last a long time.
“There is a big conspiracy against us,” he said while standing with army commanders ahead of the funeral.
Militants launched a complex assault on the checkpoint Friday that involved a car bomb possibly detonated by a suicide attacker, rocket-propelled grenades and roadside bombs placed to target rescuers.
Egypt declared a state of emergency and imposed a three-hour curfew in the restive northern part of the peninsula after Friday’s assault, the deadliest against the army in decades.