A hill retaken by Kurdish forces with help by US air force.
I firmly believe that if we had a president serious about defeating these 7th century cut throats, the Kurds would be routing them everywhere they clash sides.
The black flag is torn down: US airstrikes help Kurdish fighters scale hill outside battle-torn town of Kobane to remove sinister ISIS flag that had flown above them for a week
- Islamic State militants show hastily abandoned Kurdish trenches in Kobane
- Comes as ISIS push the Kurdish resistance ever deeper into city centre
- Despite ISIS advances, Kurdish fighters claim to have recaptured key hill
- Tall Shair hill-top in west Kobane was seized by ISIS militants 10 days ago
- News comes as Turkey contradicts U.S. officials by denying it has granted America permission to use its military bases for airstrikes on the terrorists
The sinister black flag of Islamic State was torn down from a Kobani hill today in a symbolic blow against the jihadis.
Kurdish fighters captured the strategic hill of Tel Shair and pulled down the flag that had been fluttering for more than a week.
It followed a sustained stepping up of the U.S.-led airstrikes, with locals counting more than 30 bombs dropped on jihadi positions in the past 24 hours.
The sinister black flag of Islamic State was torn down from the Tel Shair hill in Kobani today in a symbolic blow against the jihadis; it had fluttered there for more than a week
A picture taken just over a week ago after the flag had been placed on the hillside by ISIS militants