No idea yet if it’s tard related.
UPDATE: H/T: Vasara Hammer: The Telegraph.co.uk
One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria.
Some residents claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism.
ALSO: Last year a wheelchaired man had his throat slit by a muslim (H/T WTD)
Horror in London suburb as woman is found beheaded ‘with a machete’ in back garden – after he was spotted attacking cats
- Officers called to the north London address just after 1pm today
- There they found the victim collapsed in a back garden
- Some eyewitnesses said they saw a man killing cats beforehand
- A Taser gun was deployed and a 25-year-old man arrested nearby
- A police officer was injured during the arrest, suffering a broken wrist
- The man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody
- Scotland Yard said there is no suggestion killing had terrorist motive
- Police Complaints Commission informed after arrested man injured
A woman has been found beheaded in a suburban back garden after a man ‘went berserk with a machete’ after first being seen attacking cats in a residential London street.
Police say the killing in Edmonton, north London, is not currently being linked to terrorism and that specialist firearms officers were called to to reports of a man wielding a knife and attacking animals just after 1pm. Witnesses say he had been ‘cutting the head off a cat’ as he walked up the road.
When they arrived, they found the victim collapsed in a garden. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police officers distracted the man to stop him attacking anyone else while they evacuated homes along Nightingale Road, Metropolitan Police Commander Simon Letchford said.
The 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. He is also receiving medical treatment after sustaining injuries in the arrest.
A woman has been found beheaded in a suburban back garden after a man ‘went berserk with a machete’ after first being seen attacking cats in a residential London street. Forensic officers at the scene
Forensic Officers at the scene where a woman was found beheaded in North London. The woman was found at around 1pm today, where she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Read more: H/T: Gaia