Uncategorized

AL-SHABAB MURDERS 29 CHRISTIANS IN VILLAGE……..

 

29 people killed in overnight attacks by terror group al-Shabab who raided village taking aim at residents and targeted police station

Islamist al-Shabab gunmen apparently placed a Bible on the back of this man after they killed him during the attack on Hindi village, in Lamu county on the coast of Kenya, in which nine people were killed

By Damien Gayle and Agencies
14:04 06 Jul 2014,

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Twenty killed in Gamba, where militants raided a police station. Another nine were killed in Hindi, in the neighbouring county. Three people taken to hospital with injuries from the attacks. Al-Shabab are the group behind last year’s Westgate mall massacre. Its military spokesman in Somalia claims responsibility for attacks. But there are also claims attacks were mounted by Kenyan groups. Gunmen fired indiscriminately at homes, burned down a church and raided a police station in two attacks on Kenyan coastal towns overnight, killing at least 29 people.

Twenty of the victims were killed in an attack in the Gamba area of Tana River county, where gunmen rushed the police station and freed suspected al-Shabab militants.

Another nine were killed in a separate raid at the Hindi trading centre in neighbouring Lamu county, near the town of Mpeketoni where 65 people were killed last month.

Islamist al-Shabab gunmen apparently placed a Bible on the back of this man after they killed him during the attack on Hindi village, in Lamu county on the coast of Kenya, in which nine people were killed +14

Residents of Hindi look at the body of another man killed in the attack on their town last night

The Somali Islamist militant group al-Shabab, which last September attacked the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, the Kenyan capital, claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Mwenda Njoka, a spokesman for the interior ministry, told Reuters: ‘There were two attacks in Lamu and Tana River last night. In Lamu we have nine people dead and in Tana River we have 20. The number could rise.’

Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, al Shabaab’s military operations spokesman, told Reuters in Mogadishu that the Somali group was behind both attacks on Saturday night.

It had also said it was responsible for the June raids in Lamu County, around Mpeketoni.

But President Uhuru Kenyatta dismissed al-Shabab’s claim last month and blamed local politicians, stoking an already fierce row with the opposition, which denied any role.

More here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.