Pappa Pashto wants you to believe in unicorns.
It is a far reach to believe that one’s own language diminishes to the extent of extreme difficulty in handling simple sentences, in just five years.
The father of the freed soldier – who former colleagues claim was a deserter – said he was speaking Arabic and Pashto because his son’s English was poor after five years in captivity.
But commentators accused him of giving the Taliban a priceless propaganda tool, with one saying extremist sources in Pakistan were delighted.
Parents of Bowe Bergdahl receiving threats amidst claims lives were lost looking for their ‘deserter’ son and Bob Bergdahl ‘claimed the White House for Allah’
- Bob Bergdahl and his wife Jani have received unspecified threats, federal authorities confirm
- The threats come amidst claims other soldiers were killed while looking for Bergdahl
- Bob Bergdahl also has received criticism after he said ‘bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim’, Arabic phrase in the Koran, during a speech at the White House
- Some commentators claimed he was ‘claiming White House for Islam’
- One correspondent claimed Taliban sources were ‘thrilled’ at the phrase
- Obama has been accused of putting price on American life in controversial prisoner swap
- Parade in Hailey, Idaho, axed last week amid claims Bergdahl was a deserter
Federal authorities are investigating several threats made against the family of Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who has been lauded as both a hero and a traitor since he was released by the Taliban in Afghanistan in a controversial prisoner swap that freed five suspected terrorists who were being held at the military prison at Guantanamo Bay.
Officials won’t describe the nature of the threats, but acknowledge that threats have been made.
Bergdahl’s parents, Bob and Jani Bergdahl, have not been seen publicly since announcing with President Barack Obama that their son had been freed.
Threats: Federal authorities have confirmed that threats have been made against Bob Bergdahl and his wife Jani following their son’s controversial release