He’s not even worthy to lick their boots.
‘Bowe Bergdahl deserted and these Americans lost their lives searching for him’: The bitter backlash from soldiers who served with Taliban POW as the SIX men who were killed looking for him are revealed
- The Facebook group ‘Bowe Bergdahl is NOT hero!’ has 5,400 members
- Men who served in his unit in Afghanistan are now emerging to say they believe Bergdahl deserted before he was captured
- Bergdahl e-mailed his parents saying he ‘was ashamed to be an American’
- Military seems to acknowledge Bergdahl, 28, could have committed some kind of violation
- However, officials say he likely won’t be punished: ‘five years is enough’
- Former squad leader said Bergdahl always talked about seeing what was on the other side of the mountains
Not everyone is welcoming Bowe Bergdahl home with open arms. Some of the men who served with the Taliban POW believe that he deserted his post. And they say six American soldiers died because of his actions.
Bergdahl’s release, brokered with the Taliban in exchange for five Guantanamo detainees, has ignited fury in some corners of the U.S. military community and re-opened old wounds.
‘Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him,’ former Sergeant Matt Vierkant told CNN.
A former superior of the 28-year-old soldier, Greg Leatherman, said he hopes the military investigates Bergdahl and questions whether he did, indeed, desert his post in Afghanistan on June 30, 2009.