Shocking damage to Lee Rigby’s ‘killers”car revealed as murder trial jurors are shown knives found at scene after vehicle struck soldier in Woolwich
- Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, 22, both deny Lee Rigby’s murder and conspiracy to murder a police officer
- Old Bailey shown wrecked car used to knock down Lee Rigby at 40mph
- Pictures of knives brought to Woolwich by suspects exhibited to jury
- Interviews with Michael Adebolajo, 28, after Lee Rigby’s death are played
- ‘It brings me little joy to approach anyone and slay them,’ he said
- Psychiatrist told his actions had been ‘on the basis of his religious beliefs’
- ‘Mr Adebolajo presented with no signs of mental disorder,’ he said
- Suspect told police Lee Rigby’s head was ‘sawed’ until it ‘almost detached’
By MARTIN ROBINSON
PUBLISHED: 13:10 GMT, 4 December 2013 | UPDATED: 17:56 GMT, 4 December 2013
Pictures of the car used to mow down Lee Rigby at 40mph and the damage caused by his body smashing into its windscreen were shown to the Old Bailey today.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, used the Vauxhall Tigra to hit the soldier as he crossed the road near his barracks on May 22 this year, the court heard.
Drummer Rigby, 25, was dragged into the road where Adebolajo tried to ‘saw’ off his head and Adebowale plunged knives up to six inches into his chest, the jury was told.
Jurors were also shown the weapons the prosecution say the suspects brought to Woolwich to hack him to death.