Even ten years ago, who would have thought about hearing such news?
Britain’s first white honour killing: Teenager brutally murdered by her Muslim lover after exposing their relationship to his family
- Laura Wilson, from Rotherham, was stabbed to death in 2010 aged 17
- She was in love with Muslim Ashtiaq Ashgar
- But he kept their relationship secret from his family
- Laura also fell pregnant by Ashgar’s Muslim friend after a brief fling
- She eventually told both their families about her relations with them
- Ashgar thought she had bought shame on his family
- He lured her to canal where he stabbed her
- Now serving a life sentence but will be eligible for parole in 2029
By DENI KIRKOVA
PUBLISHED: 20:54 GMT, 20 November 2013 | UPDATED: 14:47 GMT, 21 November 2013
Laura Wilson was just 17-years-old when she was stabbed to death next to a canal in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, in 2010.
This wasn’t a mugging gone wrong, or a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact, the mother-of-one was the victim of Britain’s first white honour killing. Her death was premeditated murder, plotted and committed by the boyfriend she was madly in love with.
Laura’s crime was to bring dishonour on her Muslim lover Ashtiaq Ashgar, 21, who is now serving a life sentence for the brutal murder.