Oh, think twice, it’s just another day for you and me in paradise……
Terrifying: Officers chased the subject down Falcon Road in Battersea, south-west London
Muslim convert Tasered by police was heard chanting that he wanted to kill non-Muslims before trying to kill policemen and firefighters in knife rampage
- The 26-year-old launched his attack on Falcon Road in Battersea, London
- Was armed with four blades and tried to smash a house with an iron bar
- Hours earlier the man had been heard reciting verses from the Koran
- He had also been seen making threats ‘to kill Kuffars’
- Man was arrested on suspicion of trying to kill a police officer
- Police could not confirm how many times he had been tasered
By REBECCA CAMBER
PUBLISHED: 19:26 GMT, 10 November 2013 | UPDATED: 07:13 GMT, 11 November 2013
A Muslim convert was heard chanting that he wanted to kill non-believers hours before going on a knife rampage and trying to kill a police officer and firemen.
The man was Tasered multiple times by police after launching his attack on a busy street.
Officers were called around midday yesterday when the knifeman, armed with four blades, attempted to smash his way into a neighbours’s property with an iron bar.
Hours earlier he had been heard reciting verses from the Koran and making threats ‘to kill Kuffars’.
Firemen at a nearby fire station in Battersea, South London, confronted the 26-year-old after seeing him throwing bottles at neighbours and threatening passers-by with kitchen knives.
But he went berserk and chased the firemen back to the station, where he attempted to batter down the doors.
Within minutes more than 20 police officers had arrived at the scene, blocking off the road as the man sprinted up and down smashing police car windows and screaming abuse.