I hate to keep posting this stuff, but it is what it is and needs disseminating.
Named: Boy, 8, who was waiting to give his runner dad a hug at the finish line when the Boston Marathon bombings killed him and ‘grievously injured’ his mother and sister: Woman in her twenties also among three dead as another 144 are hurt with 17 critical
- Eight-year-old Martin Richard named as one of the three people confirmed dead in the blast
- Boston police and federal officials descended on an Ocean Avenue apartment complex in Boston to search the home of a person of interest
- FBI warned police to be on the lookout for a ‘darker-skinned or black male’ with a possible foreign accent in connection with the attack
- Hospitals reported at least 144 people are being treated, with at least 17 of them in critical condition and 25 in serious condition.
- At least eight of the patients are children – including a two-year-old boy with a head injury
- Hospitals report they were removing ball bearings from victims – suggesting the bombs were designed to propel shrapnel
- At least ten people have had limbs amputated
- Two detonations came 12-seconds apart – with witnesses describing scenes of utter ‘pandemonium’
- New York City stepping up anti-terror efforts in wake of attack and have tightened security around popular destinations like Times Square
- FBI officially classifying bombings as terrorist attack, as President Obama said it is important to ‘get to the bottom of this’
- Boston police say no suspect has been taken into custody
By BETH STEBNER, THOMAS DURANTE and JAMES NYE
PUBLISHED: 19:09 GMT, 15 April 2013 | UPDATED: 07:04 GMT, 16 April 2013