Step by step taking our country back…
Laura Huhtasaari: In Europe, abandoning the Burkh is mainstream, Muslims must be freed here as well
According to information from the German government negotiations, immigration policy is being tightened. In Denmark, too, the Social Democrats are using Finns party language. MP Laura Huhtasaari (ps.) calls for common sense.
Huhtasaari recalls in her statement that The Finns have called for the closure of the Mediterranean both in European and national parliaments and the transfer of asylum applicants outside Europe to the applicants’ home countries. Persons seeking asylum should also stay in the reception center during the processing of their application.
– In Finland all the other parties have stumbled and are horrified over our proposition. On the other hand, many EU leaders have supported the proposal of The Finns party. Recently, the President of the Social Democrats in Denmark, Mette Fredericken, supported our proposals. The German ministry’s new cabinet reveals that immigration and border control will be tightened in Germany, according to MP Laura Huhtasaari, Vice-Chairman of the Finns party.
– A sovereign state has the right to decide who can enter the border and who does not. The sovereign State does not have to tolerate values that violate its own values. This long-term requirement by the Finns party is becoming a new normal in Europe.
Huhtasaari points out that the use of burkha and niqab is prohibited in public areas already in Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Austria. The Danish government has also prepared a bill on the banning of the Burkah for Muslims and the denial of Niqab by law. At the same time, the government wants to deny all other face coverings in the public space.
– It is a nationally healthy self-esteem and security enhancing to ban the masking of the face in Finland as well. It is political deception to believe that the ban on Burkha and niqab would violate women’s sovereignty. In some Muslim communities, girls and women are forced to cover their faces. If girls and women are not released without burkha and niqab, it meets the criteria for domestic violence.
– There is a national healthy self-esteem and safety-enhancing ban on facial cloaking in Finland as well. It is a political deception to believe that the ban on the burkha and niqab would offend women’s self determination. In some Muslim communities, girls and women are forced to cover their faces. If girls and women are not allowed outside without the burkhaa and niqab, it meets the criteria for domestic violence.
– The Finns want to free Muslims in our country by such sanctions. Finland must not remain outside the new European mainstream, Huhtamaki emphasizes.