Police link explosion south of Barcelona yesterday that completely destroyed a house ‘full of butane gas canisters’ and killed one person to terror attack
- Six other people were injured in the explosion in Alcanar, Catalonia, which is 120 miles south of Barcelona
- It could have been caused by butane gas canisters of which there were more than 20 kept at the property
- A second explosion took place as emergency service workers sifted through the wreckage at the site
- A police source said it is believed the residents in the house were preparing explosives using gas cylinders
- Spanish police confirmed explosion on Wednesday was linked to today’s attack which killed at least 13
The terror attack in Barcelona is linked an explosion that killed at least one person in a town 120 miles south of the city.
One person was killed and six were injured after a house, which contained more than 20 butane gas canisters, blew up in Alcanar, Catalonia at about 11.15pm on Wednesday night.
A second explosion took place after emergency services rushed to the scene, injuring six police officers and two firefighters as they sifted through rubble.
A police source said it is believed the residents in the house were preparing explosives using gas cylinders.