So this is how he wanted to go out, commit murder then be killed by an angry mob…..
Finsbury Park terror suspect ‘tried to kill himself six weeks ago by throwing himself into a Cardiff river and begged to be sectioned’, his sister claims
- The 47-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder and terror charges is named as Darren Osborne, from Cardiff
- He is accused of driving van into crowd outside Muslim Welfare House near Finsbury Park Mosque at 12.20am
- People were helping Makram Ali, 52, who fell ill and died minutes later in front of his 26-year-old daughter
- Father-of-four was born in Singapore but grew up in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, and now lives in Cardiff
- He ‘repeatedly yelled: ‘I’m going to kill all Muslims – I did my bit’ and smiled, waved and blew kisses at public’
- Imam and other worshippers pinned him down as he urged them to ‘kill him’ but they held him until arrest
- His sister tonight told MailOnline Osborne tried to kill himself just six weeks by jumping in a river in Cardiff
- Neighbours say he was known as ‘Mr Grumpy’ who drank beer in his hot tub and recently lived in a tent
- Do you know the Finsbury Park suspect? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02036153908
The Finsbury Park terror suspect tried to kill himself six weeks ago by jumping into a river and begged to be sectioned, according to his sister.
Darren Osborne, 47, is accused of ploughing into worshippers in North London in the early hours of Monday morning before jumping out and shouting: ‘I’m going to kill all Muslims – I did my bit’.
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, his sister Nicola, 50, said Osborne was a deeply troubled individual who apparently tried to steal from his blind 90-year-old great-grandfather.
When he was as young as ten he was reported to police by his own mother who was outraged when she discovered her son had tried to steal his family member’s wallet.