On Twitter, Tommy stated that he believed that yet again, an Islamic terrorist was well known to the police before he carried out his attack on British society.
He was right again.
Bomber from a red brick semi who ‘knew an ISIS recruiter’: British-born Manchester United fan is the son of refugees, ‘chanted Islamic prayers in the street’ and was known to MI5 after ‘terrorism training in Libya’
- Salman Abedi was known to British security services before Manchester attack
- The terrorist is the son of Libyan refugees and lived in a red brick semi
- He was said to have a ‘face of hate’ as he grew up in south Manchester suburb
- Neighbour claimed he was chanting Islamic prayers weeks before atrocity
- Also said to have just returned from three week trip to Libya before bombing
- Police probing his links with now-dead ISIS recruiter Raphael Hostey
The suicide bomber responsible for the worst UK terror attack since the 7/7 atrocity 12 years ago was a British-born jihadi from a family of Libyan refugees, it emerged last night.
Salman Abedi, 22, was known to the security services before he walked into Manchester Arena on Monday night and detonated a bomb packed with nails, nuts and bolts, killing 22 people including children as young as eight. He is also being probed over alleged ties to an ‘ISIS recruiter’ in Manchester.
There were claims that Abedi may have spent time in a Middle East conflict zone, where he may have received terrorist training, while it was also said he had only recently returned from a three-week trip to Libya days before the bombing.
Abedi was described as growing up in his neighbourhood with a ‘face of hate’, but others said he was football mad and a passionate Manchester United fan.
Yesterday, police carried out a controlled explosion at his home in the Fallowfield area of south Manchester following a dramatic raid by dozens of officers on the red-brick semi.