The same story being played over and over again with no end in sight…….
Stockholm attack suspect was refused residency
13 minutes ago
The suspect behind the Stockholm truck attack had been facing deportation and had extremist sympathies, Swedish police say.
The 39-year-old Uzbek man is suspected of having driven a truck into a department store in the city on Friday.
His application for residency was rejected in June last year and he was being sought by immigration officials, police said.
Meanwhile, a second suspect has been placed under formal arrest.
Reuters news agency said it was on “a lower degree of suspicion” than the first suspect.
The first suspect had been given four weeks to leave the country in December 2016, police chief Jonas Hysing told a press conference. The suspect then disappeared, and police began searching for him, Mr Hysing added.
Four people are confirmed to have died in the attack – two Swedish nationals, a Briton and a Belgian, but police have not released their identities. Another 15 people were injured.
The truck, hijacked from a beer company, was driven into Ahlens department store in the capital on Friday afternoon.