The freak show called the UN should be put out of its misery.
U.N. in 2017: The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
Welcome to 2017 at the United Nations, where the following regimes are among those chosen to define, promote and protect human rights for the world:
- Misogynistic Iran is on the U.N. Commission on the Status of Women, and on the Executive Board of UNESCO, the U.N. agency for education science and culture, where the fundamentalist regime also helps oversee the accreditation of human rights groups.
- Misogynistic Saudi Arabia is on the Executive Board of U.N. Women, the agency for gender equality and empowerment of women, and on the U.N. Human Rights Council.
- Genocidal Sudan is on UNESCO’s Executive Board as well as its committee which rules on human rights petitions from individuals worldwide. The regime also sits on the U.N. Committee on NGOs, the powerful 19-nation group that decides which human rights groups have standing at the world body.
- Oppressive Venezuela, which has imprisoned democratic opposition leaders and caused mass hunger, is on the U.N. Human Rights Council, and on the Executive Board of the U.N. Development Program.
- Genocidal Syria holds a senior post on the U.N. decolonization committee charged with upholding fundamental human rights in opposing the “subjugation, domination and exploitation” of people, with Assad’s ambassador, Bashar Ja’afari, serving as Rapporteur.