Too little too late……and btw, it’s just Islam 101 that’s the threat
Come on, no one really believes that she actually is serious about what she’s saying. Merkel is just trying to mitigate the damage she’s caused by saying what she thinks people want to hear.
Islamist terrorism is ‘greatest threat’ to Germany says Angela Merkel, months after letting more than a million Middle Eastern migrants into her country
- More than a million asylum-seekers entered the country in 2015
- A further 300,000 were projected to have arrived in Germany over the past year
- An asylum seeker carried out the deadly lorry attack on Berlin Christmas market
- Two attackers in Bavaria this summer also came to Germany as asylum seekers
- Mrs Merkel is seeking a fourth term as chancellor in an election next year
- She is facing a stiff challenge from Germany’s surging far-right party
Angela Merkel has told German citizens that the biggest challenge the country is facing is from Islamist terrorism.
In her New Year message she tells Germans that their country is stronger than terrorism and the government will do everything to ensure ‘security in freedom’.
In her annual televised message, which is being broadcast today, chancellor Mrs Merkel says 2016 has been ‘a year of severe tests’, the toughest of them Islamic extremist terror.
But she adds, however, that she is ‘confident for Germany’.
Twelve people were killed in a lorry attack on a Christmas market in Berlin on December 19.