You’ll have to excuse me for not wanting them to set up shop in my area….
Young woman was gang raped by five men in the Calais Jungle as French police cleared the migrant camp
A young woman was gang raped during the destruction of the Calais Jungle, French prosecutors revealed today. A riot police officer is pictured during the clearance yesterday
- Ethiopian refugee was attacked by a group of five men as authorities were clearing camp on Tuesday
- The regional prefect Fabienne Buccio declared there are ‘no more migrants in the camp’ last night
- But a special camp for unaccompanied children is full, leaving many with nowhere to spend the night
- About 5,000 migrants have gone through a processing centre before being transferred away by bus
- Another 1,000 migrants are still queuing to be transferred to reception centres around France
- A number of migrants were injured by exploding gas bottles while 200 people were removed from camp
- Local police say migrants have told them British anarchists were responsible for starting the huge blaze
A young woman was gang raped during the destruction of the Calais Jungle, French prosecutors revealed today.
Five men set upon the Ethiopian refugee, who cannot be named for legal reasons, as police and volunteers were clearing the sprawling slum.
The victim was examined by a forensic doctor but had difficulty explaining the attack, on Tuesday morning, because she only speaks an Ethiopian dialect.
She is currently still staying in Calais until a translator can be found, said a source.
It came as prosecutors said three suspects involved in the knifepoint rape of a 38-year-old Afghan interpreter around the squalid shantytown last week could have been people smugglers.