You mean like this?
Next stop, Britain! Thousands of UK-bound migrants to move into two new camps near Gare du Nord in Paris prompting fears they will take over trains
Two migrant camps will be built near the Gare du Nord Eurostar terminal from where high speed trains travel direct to London
- Work on the camps is well underway near the Gare du Nord station
- One camp will house men and the other will house women and children
- Paris mayor said up to 100 new migrants a day are arriving in Paris
- The vast majority want to get to Calais, and then on to the UK
- One refugee said ‘it will give us a good base to sort out journey to England’
Thousands of UK-bound migrants will be able to move into Paris’s first two official refugee camps by the end of September, the city’s Mayor announced today.
Ann Hidalgo said they will be located close to the Gare du Nord Eurostar terminal from where high speed trains travel direct to London.
‘There will be two migrant camps, one for men only, and one for women and children,’ said Ms Hidalgo, a Socialist who is a close ally of President Francois Hollande.
Ms Hidalgo said that up to 100 new migrants a day were currently arriving in Paris, and that the vast majority wanted to get to Calais, and then on to the UK.