This is considered normal for Muslim Pakistan……
Pregnant woman, 26, and her husband, 30, are ‘tortured and shot dead by relatives before being tossed in a Pakistan canal because family members disapproved of their marriage’
- Aqsa Shakeel, 26, a pregnant Pakistan health care worker, has been killed
- Aqsa and her husband Muhammed invited family over to their home
- Members of Aqsa’s family allegedly kidnapped, tortured and killed them
- They then tossed the bodies into a canal near the village in Pakistan
- Aqsa’s family disapproved of her marriage to Muhammed
- This ‘honor killing’ is a part of rising violence against women in Pakistan
A pregnant woman in Pakistan and her husband were found dead in a canal with gunshot wounds to the head, according to authorities.
Aqsa Shakeel, 26, a healthcare worker, and her husband, Muhammad Shakeel, 30, were having family visit when they were allegedly kidnapped from their home in Thikriwala, a village in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
An argument broke out between the family and the couple, police say, because Aqsa’s family disapproved of her four-year marriage to Muhammed, who worked in a government school.
Aqsa’s brother, named as Muhammad Mauvia, and her mother, Majeeda Bibi, are believed to have been a part of the group who snatched the couple from the home on Wednesday.
Police began a search for the couple when Muhammed’s father, Muhammed Kushi, reported the couple missing.
Their bodies were later discovered in a canal near the village the following day.
An autopsy revealed the couple had been tortured before being shot in the head and tossed in the water.
Aqsa Shakeel, 26, a pregnant healthcare worker, and her husband, Muhammad Shakeel, 30, were kidnapped, tortured and killed before being tossed into a canal in Thikriwala, a village in Pakistan’s Punjab province (pictured)